Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, May 5, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Iteris to Introduce ClearPath™ Weather at APWA North American Snow Conference
Visit Iteris at the APWA 2014 North American Snow Conference in Cincinnati May 4 – 7 at Booth #1325 to experience ClearPath™ Weather, a next-generation road maintenance decision support system (MDSS). The cloud-based software provides winter maintenance strategies for optimizing personnel, equipment, and chemical treatments. ClearPath™ Weather features a user-friendly interface which allows maintenance managers to view the real-time information needed, such as looping radar, satellite imagery, weather forecasts, plow location, treatment recommendations, and route-specific hyper-local weather and pavement conditions.
1) US Air Force Takes Google Glass for a Test Flight
Link to article in Computerworld:
2) Spy Plane Fries Air Traffic Control Computers
Link to story from NBC News:
3) Airlines Eyeing Whether Complementary In-Flight Wi-Fi is Feasible
Link to blog on Runway Girl Network:
4) Maine Turnpike Considers E-ZPass Fast Lanes
Link to story on WCSH-TV:
5) Santander, Spain: The Smartest Smart City
Link to article in Governing:
6) Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator – May 2014
Link to newsletter:
7) Union Pacific Eyes Drones for Bridge Inspections
Link to Bloomberg article:
8) Riyadh Summit to Focus on Current 'Smart' Rail Projects
Link to article on Al Bawaba:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Smartphone Use in Cars Reducing Accidents and Maybe Saving Lives
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
10) Advanced Signaling Makes the Most Out of Old Subways, But Can New York Handle It?
Link to article on Next City:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) New Traffic Camera Site Let's You See What's Happening on Madison, Wisconsin Streets
Link to article in The Capital Times:
12) Madras High Court Gives New Lease of Life to Traffic Management System
Link to article in The Times of India:
13) Newspaper Offering Real-Time Commuter Info on Fix50
Link to column in The Sacramento Bee:
14) Automakers Bringing the Internet of Cars to Millennials – But Do They Want It?
Link to article on Invests:
Social Marketing Conference – June 18-21 – Clearwater Beach, Florida
Today in Transportation History
1494 **520th anniversary** Christopher Columbus landed on Jamaica and claimed it for Spain.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net