Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, May 26, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) International Civil Aviation Organization: Costs Won't Deter Airlines from Real-Time Tracking
Link to AFP article:
2) Looking for a Restaurant at the Airport? Try Tweeting About It.
Link to article in the Houston Chronicle:
3) Los Angeles Officials: Broken Traffic Cameras Pose Safety Risk, Hamper Traffic Management
Link to article from City News Service:
4) US Federal Appeals Court Reaffirms Right to Videorecord, Including at Traffic Stops
Link to blog in The Washington Post:
5) Officials Say Toll Tags Could Serve Multiple Roles from Transit to Parking in El Paso
Link to article in the Las Cruces Sun-News:
6) Hungary Allays EU Concerns About New Road Toll System
Link to article on Portfolio.hu:
Link to original article on BruxInfo:
http://www.bruxinfo.hu/cikk/20140523-megkapta-a-jovahagyast-a-magyar-utdijrendszer.html (in Hungarian)
GPS / NAVIGATION
7) Anti-GPS Tracking Devices Rampant in Vietnam
Link to Tuoi Tre News article:
8) Tech-Savvy Trucking Companies Search Big Data for Drivers
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
http://www.joc.com/trucking-logistics/labor/tech-savvy-truckers-search-big-data-drivers_20140523.html (free registration)
9) Strategic Issues Facing Transportation, Volume 3: Expediting Future Technologies for Enhancing Transportation System Performance
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
10) Improved Signage Part of Upgrade Plans for New York's Penn Station
Link to article in Crain's New York Business:
11) Real-Time Bus Arrival Information Signs to Be Installed at DC Bus Stops this Year
Link to article in The Washington Post:
2) New York Governor Announces GPS Online Tracking System to View Construction Vessels at New Tappan Zee Bridge
Geospatial Transportation Mapping Association Annual Meeting & TransData Expo – June 2-4 – Arlington, Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1969 **45th anniversary** Apollo 10 splashed down in the Pacific Ocean, following a rehearsal mission in advance of a lunar landing.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net