Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, September 22, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) How Airports Are Leveraging Technology to Drive Revenue
Link to commentary on Tnooz:
2) Ohio Supreme Court Orders Maple Heights to Put Traffic Camera Issue on Ballot
Link to article in The Plain Dealer:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Drivers, Passengers Say Uber App Doesn't Always Yield Best Routes
Link to story on NPR:
4) Detroit to Make Real-Time Transportation Decisions with Data Visualization
Link to blog on Inside BigData:
5) Minnesota Pilot Project Helps Truckers Combat Drowsy Driving
Link to article in the Star Tribune:
6) And Then My Car Chimed In, After It Nudged Me in the Rear
Link to article in The New York Times:
7) Huawei, Tesla Demonstrate Smartphone App for Vehicles
Link to Bloomberg article:
8) AERIS Team Conducting Free Public Workshop on Connected Vehicle Environmental Applications
Link to further information from US DOT's ITS Joint Program Office:
2) Ford and Telogis Expand Partnership to Deliver Next-Generation Telematics to Ford Customers in Europe
National Parking Association Annual Convention & Expo – October 20-23 – Las Vegas
Today in Transportation History
1914 **100th anniversary** A German U-boat sank three British cruisers in the North Sea with a loss of over 1,400 sailors.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net