Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
HERE to showcase connected vehicle, automated driving, and predictive traffic applications at ITS World Congress
HERE is a Nokia business with nearly 30 years of experience in collecting, processing and distributing vast amounts of map, traffic, and dynamic data to support consumer, automotive, and government transportation applications.
Please join HERE at ITS WC to see our next generation of automotive navigation and connected driving applications during ITS World Congress in Detroit on 7 – 11 September 2014 at Belle Isle or click http://here.com/business to learn more.
1) NASA Working on Drone Traffic Management Program
Link to article in The New York Times:
2) Latest Issue of Future Airport Online
Link to magazine:
3) Inflight – September/October 2014 Issue
Link to magazine:
4) University of Maryland Programs Use Technology to Potentially Solve Heavy Traffic
Link to article in The Diamondback:
5) Standards Being Developed for Interoperable Positive Train Control
Link to blog in EE Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) 'Eyesight' Software Scans Surveillance Video for Suspicious Behavior on Atlanta's Marta
Link to article from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
7) European Research Project, SECUR-ED, Aims for Greater Security at Train Stations
Link to article on Phys.org:
8) Slowing Down Streets with Art Under Your Feet
Link to article in Fast Company:
9) New York State Trucking Firm Uses Device to Block Calls, Texts While Trucks in Motion
Link to article in the Times Union:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
10) Uber Ordered to Halt Transportation Services in Germany
Link to story on Deutsche Welle:
11) Share a Taxi with a Stranger? Idea is Catching On in Big Cities
Link to article in Fortune:
12) Massachusetts Startup Aims to Create Better Drivers in South Africa Through Mobile App
Link to article in the Boston Business Journal:
13) West Virginia University Student Develops Service to Track Personal Rapid Transit
Link to article in The Daily Athenaeum:
14) Jaguar to Offer Laser-Projected Heads-Up Display
Link to article on Digital Trends:
15) Driverless Vehicles Are in the US Army's Future
Link to McClatchy News Service article:
16) Study: Connectivity Market Set to Soar, But Data Security is Big Worry
Link to article in automotiveIT:
1) Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission to Require Broadcasters to Relay Emergency Alert Messages
2) Bandwagon, the Ridesharing App, Partners With Hailo in New York; Makes Sharing Yellow Cabs a Snap
Rail~Volution – September 21-24 – Minneapolis, Minnesota
Today in Transportation History
1944 **70th anniversary** US Navy pilot, and future US president, George H.W. Bush, was shot down near the Bonin Islands.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net