Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Airline Industry Feels Wi-Fi is as Integral to Flight Experience as Wings
Link to blog on Jalopnik:
2) iOS 8 Randomizes MAC Address: Is It the Beginning of the End for Wi-Fi Tracking?
Link to blog from Human Recognition Systems:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Galileo's Two Giant Steps Back
Link to article in GPS World:
4) How Traffic Enforcement Could Play Out on Roads of the Future
Link to article on autoblog:
5) Travel Search Sites Fight Proposed US DOT Ruling
Link to article on TravelMole:
6) Study: Automotive Suppliers Lack Well-Defined Social Media Plan
Link to article in automotiveIT:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Confidential Meetings of Tacoma, Seattle Ports May Violate Open Meetings Act
Link to article in The News Tribune:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) 'Drink Responsibly' Campaigns Found to be Ineffective
Link to article in The Johns Hopkins News-Letter:
9) Accident Victim Says In-Car Emergency Call System Failed Him
Link to story on WMAQ-TV:
10) New York City Officials Denounce Anti-Islam Transit Ads
Link to AP article:
11) British Writer Complains About New York Subway Map, Signage
Link to commentary in The Guardian:
12) iPhone 6 Has Car Bluetooth Problems
Link to story on CNNMoney:
6) Boeing and Liquid Robotics Sign Multi-Year Agreement to Develop Solutions for Maritime Surveillance
Training: Managing Communications Following an Aircraft Accident or Incident – October 23-24 – Ashburn, Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1564 **450th anniversary** William Adams, the first Englishman to visit Japan, was born in Gillingham, England.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net