Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 17, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Memphis Airport Modernizing with New Flight Tech for Passengers
Link to article in the Memphis Business Journal:
2) Humber Bridge New Electronic Toll to Start in November
Link to BBC News story:
3) Pennsylvania Turnpike Drivers Hit with $300,000 in Penalties at E-ZPass-Only Exit
Link to story on WPXI-TV:
4) Google Joins Apple, Facebook, Twitter in Beacon Race
Link to article on FierceWirelessTech:
5) USDOT Presses Forward on National Address Database
Link to USDOT's Fast Lane blog:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) New Interactive Map Shows Crash Records on Monroe County, New York Roads
Link to story on Time Warner Cable News:
7) Traffic Signs with Electronic Ink Installed in Sydney
Link to article on Digital Signage Connection:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Do Cities' Texting-While-Driving Bans Reduce Crashes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Link to article in The Dallas Morning News:
9) Latest Weapon to Fight Distracted Driving: Virtual Reality
Link to column in USA Today:
10) Isuzu Backs Telematics Common Ground Push
Link to article in ATN:
11) The Most Recognizable Voice in New York
Link to article in The New Yorker:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Apps to Make Road Users in Barbados Wiser
Link to article in Nation:
13) Google Self-Driving Car Involved in First Injury Accident
Link to AP article:
14) Ford's New Headlights Detect People in the Dark, Widen at Intersections
Link to article on SlashGear:
Link to news release
15) The Inside Story on Google's Self-Driving Cars
Link to story on Traffic Technology Today:
It's the 35th anniversary of one of the funniest movies ever, Airplane! Here are some classic scenes from the film.
What you might not have realized, is that it was based on a dramatic film from the 1950s, Zero Hour!
Today in Transportation History
1995 **20th anniversary** - The Global Positioning System reached initial operational capability.
ITS & Road Safety Forum – September 8-9 – Doha, Qatar
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net