Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 14, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
On July 20th, Michigan’s Mobility Transformation Center (MTC) unveils Mcity, a facility devoted to accelerating and testing connected and automated driving. This 32-acre cityscape is designed for testing connected and automated vehicles and systems under a variety of different circumstances. HERE is participating as an affiliate member and will provide critical HD mapping and real-time data technologies. These technologies are becoming increasingly important as self-driving cars come to navigate real world environments. At the Automated Vehicle Symposium on July 21st and July 22nd, HERE will demonstrate the HD mapping and big data analytics technologies behind its HD Live Map, which helps automated vehicles understand and interpret the road network and what lies ahead. Sign up for the HERE demo when you check in for the AV Symposium to see the live demos.
Click here to find out more about HERE’s role with Mcity.
Click here to find out more about HERE’s advanced technology for the Intelligent Car.
1) First Phase of European Satellite-Based Air Traffic Control Communications System Completed
Link to article in The Engineer:
2) What It Will Take to Get Airport Curbside to Gate in 10 Minutes
Link to article on Skift:
3) Uber Out of the Running for Here, Nokia's Digital Mapping Service
Link to article in The New York Times:
4) Electronic Tolling Test on South Africa's N3 Starts
Link to article on News24:
5) Vancouver, British Columbia's Maritime Police Changing with the Times
Link to article in The Province:
6) Robots to Guard Russian Maritime Borders
Link to article on Sputnik:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Tennessee's New Anti-DUI Campaign Called Sexist
Link to article in The Tennessean:
8) Rarely Used Pennsylvania Turnpike Call Boxes Could Be Phased Out
Link to story on WPMT-TV:
9) Petition Calls for Removing Confederate Leader's Name from Virginia Road
Link to article in The Hill:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Tennessee Highway Patrol Software Helps Predict Traffic Crashes
Link to story on WBIR-TV:
11) Social Media on Agenda at Transport Security Expo
Link to article in MICEBTN:
12) Study: More Chicago Metra Riders Glued to Electronics
Link to further information from DePaul University:
13) Honda to Introduce New Road Hints Service Linked to iPhone and Apple Watch
Link to article on Patently Apple:
14) Unmanned Trucks Could Drive Highways by 2025, Study Says
Link to article on DC Velocity:
15) A Technology Turnaround at Subaru
Link to interview in IndustryWeek:
16) The Connected Car is Desirable, But Connected-Car Education is Critical
Link to column on Marketing: Automotive:
17) Release 2.2 of the Research Data Exchange and New Connected Vehicle Data Sets Now Available
Link to further information:
TransportationCamp NYC – November 14 – New York City
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net