Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, July 29, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
As July draws to a close, I'd like to extend another invitation to support the TCN. Please remember, this is not just asking for your support financially. You can support the TCN by simply telling others about the newsletter.
If you would like to support the TCN with a donation, please see how to do so below. Thank you!
1) China-Tied Hackers That Hit US Said to Breach United Airlines
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) 10 US Airports to Participate in Biometric Exit Pilot
Link to article on Planet Biometrics:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Kansas City Cyclists Start Campaign to Help People Locate Their Bikes After Thefts
Link to story on KSHB-TV:
4) Police in New Haven, Connecticut Hand Out Warnings and Restaurant Coupons to Educate on Crosswalk Rules
Link to article in the New Haven Register:
5) Dayton, Ohio Battles State to Keep Traffic Cameras On
Link to article in the Dayton Daily News:
6) London Police Transport Vans to Get CCTV After Deaths in Custody
Link to article in The Guardian:
7) New Hampshire DOT Awarded $355,000 Federal Grant for Sensor Network on Memorial Bridge
Link to article in the Portsmouth Herald:
8) UK's Visualisation Lab Uses VR to Solve Transportation Issues
Link to article on Engadget:
9) 'High-Tech' Parking Coming to Little Rock, Arkansas Airport
Link to story on KTHV-TV:
10) Indiana DOT to Change Work Zone Penalty Signs Statewide
Link to story on WRTV-TV:
11) Australian Researchers to Look at Whether Recording Driver Behavior Makes Young Motorists Safer
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Residents in Seattle Neighborhood Upset with Proposed Message Sign
Link to story on KING-TV:
Checks may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit or debit card via PayPal at:
- Principal, Transportation Management & Coordination - Metropolitan Transportation Commission - Oakland, California
National Shared Mobility Summit - September 28-30 - Chicago
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net