Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, July 1, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Usually I hold my twice-a-year fundraising in November and June. Last month was a busy one with the wedding of one of my daughters so I postponed it until July. As in the past, I appreciate whatever support you can provide for the TCN. There are a number of options and not all of them involve money.
The easiest one is just letting others interested in transportation communications know about the TCN and invite them to subscribe. All they have to do is send me an email and I'll add them to the list. You can also financially support the TCN by making a contribution (please see below for details), buying an ad or hiring me to do voice work. I'll give details on those in the days ahead. As always, thank you!
1) Ryanair Calls for Ban on Strikes by European Air Traffic Controllers
Link to article in The Guardian:
Link to news release
2) Columbus, Ohio City Attorney: Red-Light Camera Contracts with Redflex 'In Compliance' with Code
Link to article in The Columbus Dispatch:
3) Emergency Operations Centers Tap Wealth of Video Intelligence
Link to article in Government Technology:
4) Former Metrolink Auditor Alleges She Was Fired for Disclosing Railroad's Problems
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) TSA Employee Criticized for Posting Picture of Passenger's $75,000
Link to story on WWBT-TV:
6) Calgary Transit Gives Up on Connect Card, Wants $5 Million Back
Link to CBC News story:
7) $5 ConnectCard Fee Runs Into Opposition in Pittsburgh Area
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
8) Xerox Develops Mobile Payment App for Public Transport Worldwide
Link to article in E&T:
Link to further information
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) See How FDOT Monitors Central Florida Roads
Link to story on WESH-TV:
10) Rebooting the Automobile
Link to article in the MIT Technology Review:
1) VTT: Cooperative Driving Will Become Common – Data Exchange Between Vehicles and the Road Network Increases Traffic Safety
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online via PayPal at:
Saving Lives with Safety Information: The Impact of Implementing a Just Culture in Aviation – October 1 – Brussels
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net