Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 20, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) Cities and States Try to Crack Down on Distracted Bicycling
Link to article on Stateline:
2) Can Science Untangle Our Transit Maps?
Link to story on Science Friday:
3) Interview with Arthur Imperatore, the Founder, President and CEO of NY Waterway
Link to interview on Transportation Radio:
4) Google and Uber Chiefs Discuss the Future of Transportation
Link to blog from the Ferenstein Wire:
5) Website Allows New York City Commuters to Post Photos of Traffic Congestion
Link to story on WNBC-TV:
6) Tackling Urban Mobility with Technology
Link to Google Europe Blog:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Mobile Memorial Keeps Pennsylvania DUI Victims' Memories Alive
Link to article in The Citizens' Voice:
8) UK Department for Transport Hopes 48-Hour Hackathon Will Get Railways Back on Track
Link to article in The Guardian:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
9) The Uber Counterculture
Link to blog on The Awl:
10) Study: More than Half of Surveyed Drivers in US Have Made Change in Driving Behaviors Since Installing a Telematics Device
Link to article in Canadian Underwriter:
11) CTA, Metra, Pace Debut New Ventra App
Link to article in the Chicago Sun-Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Google Traffic Launched in Egypt
Link to blog on Egyptian Streets:
13) Volvo, Microsoft to Jointly Develop Auto Tech
Link to article on MarketWatch:
What's the one feature every motorcycle needs? How about a lightsaber?
IEEE GLOBECOM – December 6-10 – San Diego
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net