Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 20, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) International Air Transport Association CEO: 'We Need Global Standards on Data Collection'
Link to EurActiv article
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) What AI Can Learn from Tube Passengers
Link to BBC News story
3) New Data Sets from the Next Generation Simulation Program are Now Available in the Research Data Exchange
Link to further information from USDOT ITS Joint Program Office
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) #crashnotaccident Campaign Looks to Change Use of the Word 'Accident'
Link to Huffington Post article
5) Worker Drones: Maintaining Railway Tracks from the Air
Link to Railway Technology article
6) Survey Finds Young Drivers 'Understand Emoji Road Signs Better Than Real Ones'
Link to Insurance Business Canada article
7) How AT&T Will Turn On Car 2 Car Connectivity
Link to Strategy Analytics blog
8) San Francisco's Smart City Challenge Submission is Networked Transit Utopia
Link to CNET article
9) GM to Launch a Recall Smartphone App
Link to Inautonews article
What happens when the voice of the CTA rides the subway?
ITS Planning, Funding, Operations and Maintenance Seminar and Luncheon – June 1 – St. Paul, Minnesota
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016