Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, May 4, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
Traffic Message Channel (TMC) Code Webcast - May 11, 2016 – hosted by the I-95 Corridor Coalition
The I-95 Corridor Coalition invites you to participate in a webcast to learn more about the use of Traffic Message Channel (TMC) Codes for Traffic and Roadway Network Data. This webcast is being held on May 11, 2016 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm (EDT). This webcast will focus on the impact and use of TMC codes. Topics to be discussed include:
· Documentation of the source, governance and intellectual property issues related to long-term use of the TMC Codes by government agencies,
· Exploration of the sustainability of the TMC codes for a variety of traffic data reporting, including use on arterials, ramps and other facilities; and
· Recommended best practices and future direction including exploring alternative segmentation methods and possible representation in the TMC Standard process.
To register for this webcast, clicking on the following link – Registration for the TMC Code Webcast by May 9, 2016.
1) Bob Hope Airport Will Be Branded 'Hollywood Burbank Airport'
Link to Los Angeles Times article
Link to news release
2) Behind the Scenes at Sea-Tac Airport Tower
Link to KING-TV story
3) Airport 3.0: How Smart Technologies Are Transforming Air Travel
Link to CityMetric blog
4) Airports and Airlines Using Beacon Tech to Send Location-Based Messages to Travelers
Link to Insights blog
5) Kentucky Meets Deadline, Gets E-ZPass Membership for Ohio River Bridges Project
Link to WDRB-TV story
6) Texas A&M Transportation Technology Conference Closes with Eyes on the Future
Link to Eagle article
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) 'Barrel Monsters' Promote Highway Safety in Texas
Link to KXAS-TV story
8) UK Department for Transport Publishes Advice on New Traffic Sign Regulations
Link to TransportXtra article
9) No Wi-Fi on Metro-North, and Here's Why
Link to commentary in The Hour
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Real-Time Data Helps Manage Traffic in Philippines
Link to ComputerWeekly article
11) USDOT Announces Request for Proposals for the Connected Vehicle Pilot Deployment and Program Evaluation
Link to further information
Webinar: Social Media and Public Works-Lessons Learned from Real World Applications – May 19
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016