Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 31, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) Developing an 'Operating System for Bicycles'
Link to Gizmag article
2) License Plate Scanners Nab Thousands of Connecticut Drivers
Link to AP article
3) Virginia Tech Plans 'Smart Village' to Test Driverless Cars, Drones and More
Link to Richmond Times-Dispatch article
4) HERMES Study Looks at Impact of ITS Innovations in Finland
Link to ITS International article
5) ITS Australia Newsletter – May 2016
Link to newsletter
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Maryland Transit Administration Denies Newspaper's Request for Unrest Footage
Link to Baltimore Sun article
7) CP Rail Wants to Install Cameras to Monitor Train Crews
Link to Globe and Mail article
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Study Sheds New Light on Dangers of Distracted Driving
Link to Houston Chronicle article
9) Utah DOT Website Maps Crash Data at Busy Intersections on State Roads
Link to KSTU-TV story
10) Mobileye Looks to Stop Trucks, Buses from Hitting Pedestrians and Cyclists
Link to Trucks.com article
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
11) San Diego Hackathon Yields Tech for Ridesharing
Link to San Diego Union-Tribune
12) Hamilton, Ontario Transit System Finally Getting on Twitter, Facebook
Link to CBC News story
13) Will App-Based Buses Give Delhi's Public Transport System the Uber Appeal?
Link to Daily Mail article
14) India's KSRTC Launches Mitra App to Track Buses
Link to Times of India article
15) Madison Metro's Bus Lines Brings Moving Verse to Public Transportation
Link to Capital Times article
16) Can You Program Ethics Into a Self-Driving Car?
Link to IEEE Spectrum article
ITS European Congress – June 6-9 – Glasgow
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016