Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 – ISSN 1529-1057
The I-95 Corridor Coalition is hosting a conference, “Connected & Automated Vehicles (CAV): What States Need to Know” on June 21-22, 2016, at the Maritime Institute near BWI Airport, Maryland. The conference is uniquely designed to:
- Highlight how CAV will affect our transportation system;
- Provide an overview of lessons learned from around the country;
- Describe current efforts underway within select Coalition states; and,
- Share insights from State DOT executives, NHTSA, the insurance industry and auto manufacturers.
This conference lays the groundwork to get ready for CAV from a state and regional perspective, systems, communications, and technology topics will be explored, as well as policy, legal, motor vehicle administration, insurance, freight and transit matters. Reserve your spot now – as an attendee, sponsor or exhibitor – click here for details, or visit the Coalition’s website at www.i95coalition.org.
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) Connecticut Company's GPS App Charts the Scenic Route
Link to Register Citizen article
Link to additional information
2) Time to End the TomTom, Apple Game of Chicken
Link to Strategy Analytics blog
3) DARPA is Building Acoustic GPS for Submarines and UUVs
Link to Engadget article
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) North Carolina Tells Residents Parkway is Dead via Postcard Mailing
Link to Charlotte Observer article
5) Fresno, California Looks to Cash In on Digital Billboards
Link to Fresno Bee article
6) Mobile App to Help Commuters in Distress on Noida-Greater Noida E-way
Link to Hindustan Times article
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Atlanta Airport Will Use RFID Technology in Effort to Speed Security Lines
Link to Atlanta Journal-Constitution article
8) New Signs Could Prevent Wrong-Way Crashes
Link to WFAA-TV story
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Austin, Texas Unveils New Tool to Fight Traffic
Link to KEYE-TV story
Link to news release
Modeling and Simulation of Transportation Networks Course – August 1-5 – Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016