Friday, July 13, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 13, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) Long Island Rail Road to Get Specific About Train Delays
Link to story in Newsday:
2) Public Safety Organizations Seek Representation in Spectrum Auction DebateLink to story in WirelessWeek:
3) Testing Delays US Transportation Worker Identification Credential Card Rollout
Link to story in Washington Technology:
4) Chicago Transit Authority Hopes Bus Cameras Can Curb Crashes
Link to story in the Chicago Tribune:
5) Managing the 1000s of Eyes in the Sky
Link to story in Mass Transit:
6) Useless Signs Ready to be Useful
Message boards may soon start to display train arrival information in Colorado.
Link to story in the Rocky Mountain News:
7) Garmin: GPS Giant Keeps People on Track
Link to story on CNBC:
8) New Fact Sheet - Transportation Management Plans (TMPs) Reduce Work Zone Congestion
Link to fact sheet from the Federal Highway Administration:
9) Advanced Parking Management Systems: A Cross-Cutting Study – Taking the Stress Out of Parking
Link to further information from US DOT:http://www.itslessons.its.dot.gov/its/benecost.nsf/Lesson?OpenForm&59F399508BCFC386852573010076186E^Home
1) Study Reveals Very High Recall Rates for Transit TV Advertising
Talking Technology and TransportationT3 Webinar: A Primer on Wireless Data Transport Systems: Wireless Trends, Tools and Tips – August 14
Tour de France competitor disqualified for using horse hormones.
Today in Transportation History
1836 – The first numbered US patent, patent #1, is issued for an improvement to locomotive wheels designed to improve traction.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, please visit my profile and send me an invitation to connect at http://www.linkedin.com/in/brwagenblast
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast