Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 3, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) Europe Unifying Air Traffic System
Link to AP story:
2) Plans to Keep Tappan Zee Bridge Traffic Moving Gets Put to Real-World Test
Crash closes bridge but diversion and communication plan keeps motorists moving.
Link to story in The Journal News:
3) EU, US Passenger Data Sharing Deal Under Scrutiny
Watchdogs have a month to put it in writing.
Link to story in Computerworld:
4) Dad Inspired to Push ‘Move Over’ Safety Campaign After Son’s Death on I-595
Link to story and video in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel:
5) Travel Suppliers Keeping Travelers Well Connected
Link to story in Travel Weekly:
http://www.travelweekly.com/articles.aspx?articleid=57076 (free registration required)
6) Happy Returns for Travel Agents
Travelers return to using agents after frustrations with making arrangements online.
Link to story in The New York Times:
7) Asset Management Online and in Real-Time
Link to story in Focus:
8) Government Telematics Systems – a Bourgeoning Mass Market?
Link to story in Telematics Update:
9) New from ITS Oregon
- 2007 ITS America Annual Meeting Debrief
- Vehicle Infrastructure Integration Demonstration Coming to Portland on July 18th
10) The ITE 2007 Technical Conference and Exhibit Session Synopsis – Strategies for Addressing CongestionLink to further details in the NTOC Talks Newsletter:
1) ‘Smart’ Traffic Boxes Could Help Monitor Roads, Save Money
2) Latest Mobile Technology Market Studies from Berg Insights
SASHTO (Southeastern Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials) 2007 – August 3-8 – Huntsville, Alabama
Today in Transportation History
1970 – A Dan-Air charter jet, flying from Manchester, England to Barcelona, crashed into a mountain near the village of Arbucies in Catalonia.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast