Thursday, July 12, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, July 12, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
Registration Opens for ITS America's 2007 Business Leadership Conference -
Registration is now open for ITS America’s 2007 Business Leadership Conference, set for September 10-12 in Washington, DC. This conference will bring together a distinguished panel of speakers who will explore emerging markets and business trends and provide a forum for corporate executives to explore opportunities in the ITS marketplace. Presentations and interactive seminars will address a broad range of issues such as: Innovative Approaches for ITS Funding, Legislative and Public Policy Issues, Future of Transportation, and China and the Global Economy. This event is designed for CEOs, CFOs and other senior executives.
The deadline for registration is August 24, 2007. To view a copy of the preliminary agenda and to register, visit www.itsa.org/business_leadership.html.
1) FAA Administrator: Current Air Traffic Control System Beyond ‘Recovery’
Link to story on ATW Daily News:
2) Stop or They'll Shoot!
The first traffic-sign cameras in the US are rolling when drivers roll through intersections.
Link to story in the Los Angeles Times:
3) Michigan DOT Offers New Site for Traffic Information
Link to story in the Detroit Free Press:
Link to MI Drive: http://www.michigan.gov/drive
4) YouTube Shows Tube Driver Journey
Tube drivers caught video-recording their journey and posting them on the Internet could face disciplinary action, London Underground has warned.
Link to BBC News story:
5) Out with the Old: Seattle Selling City’s Street Signs
Link to story in The Seattle Times:
Link to news release from the City of Seattle:
Link to sales site: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/buy_a_sign.htm
6) The Trouble with Car Tech
Most automakers don't lay out road maps for electronics the way they do for power trains.
Link to commentary on CNET News:
7) Phone Ideas Could Suit Cars
Link to story on just-auto:
http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?ID=91926&lk=dm (free registration required)
8) News from ERTICO
- RCI Addresses Business Impact of Interoperable Tolling
9) Archives for June 20th T3 Webinar, Public Transit ITS Data Collection and Analysis: Large- and Small-Agency Lessons Learned
Link to further information from US DOT:
10) July Issue of Oregon DOT's ITS News Available
Link to newsletter:
1) Vehicle Safety Will Drive Early Deployments of DSRC
2) ERTICO, Partners Host Shanghai Municipal Government Delegation
3) Safety Advocates and Families Call on Congress to End Secrecy on Vehicle Safety Data and Close Recall Loopholes
4) Michigan DOT Releases New Safety Video Urging Motorists to Use Extreme Caution in Road Construction Work Zones
2007 International Airport Security Technology Conference and Trade Show – August 26-28 – Saint Petersburg, Russia
Today in Transportation History
1957 **50th anniversary** - US President Dwight Eisenhower becomes the first sitting president to fly in a helicopter.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, please visit my profile and send me an invitation to connect at http://www.linkedin.com/in/brwagenblast
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast