Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 28, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) US Airways Employs Real-Time Baggage Tracking Service
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
2) Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport's Five-Day Silence Screams
Link to commentary in The Birmingham News:
3) ITS America Annual Meeting 2013 Pre 1 eNewsletter
Link to newsletter from ITS International:
4) Singapore Government to Co-Fund New Technology Trials to Enhance Smart Living and Working
Link to article on Channel NewsAsia:
5) Technologies at SXSW Evolving How We Get Around
Link to Mobility Lab blog:
6) European Rail Desperately Needs Smarter Online Booking Platforms
Link to blog on Tnooz:
7) Easy-to-Read Signs at Delaware Water Gap Park Help Motorists Find Their Way
Link to article in the Pocono Record:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Texting in Traffic: Adults Worse than Teens
Link to article in USA Today:
9) Federal Database Coming for Truck Drivers Who Fail Drug Tests
Link to article in The Hill:
10) California VIN ECON Next-of-Kin Notification Bill Has Global Implications
Link to Strategy Analytics blog:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Traffic Information in Toronto
Link to article on Autos.ca:
12) Japan Provides Funds to Install Electronic Traffic Signs on Highways in Sri Lanka
Link to article on ColomboPage:
13) BMW Brings iPhone Apps to Dashboards
Link to article in Information Week:
14) Will Ford's Open-Source Car API Drive Us to Distraction?
Link to article on TechHive:
Webinar: Role of TMCs in Emergency Operations – April 3
Today in Transportation History
1933 **80th anniversary** An Imperial Airways flight crashed near Diksmuide, Belgium killing all 15 people aboard. Some believe it was the first airliner lost to sabotage.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net