Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) TravelNerd Promises to Do All Airport-Related Homework for You
Link to article on Tnooz:
2) Social Media Blog: Q&A with Heathrow's Head of Passenger Communications (Part 1)
Link to interview in Airport World:
3) US Navy's Ship-to-Ship Communications Goes 4G
Link to article in GCN:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Missouri Driver Data isn't Shared, State Says
Link to article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
5) Theater of the Mind and Talking Transportation
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Sandy Marked a Shift for Social Media Use in Disasters
Link to article in Emergency Management:
7) Virginia Company Targets Distracted Driving with New Technology
Link to story on WDBJ-TV:
8) Mississippi Man Invents Device to Improve Safety at Signalized Intersections
Link to article in The Bolivar Commercial:
9) Bluetooth's Smart Future in Telematics
Link to article on Telematics Update:
10) Communication Problems Caused Confusion During Connecticut Rail Disruption
Link to AP article:
11) Japan Unveils Single-Passenger Robot Cars That Drive Themselves
Link to article in the Daily Mail:
12) Ford and GM Committed to Keeping Radios in Vehicles
Link to article in Radio Ink:
13) App Offers Car Data, Driving 'Assistant'
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
4) Kapsch TrafficCom North America to Provide 5.9 GHz DSRC-Based Trucking Parking Connected Vehicle System for I-94 Corridor in Michigan
Symposium: 'Transportation Safety: From Research to Practice – April 3 – Orlando, Florida
Today in Transportation History
1938 **75th anniversary** Race car driver Johnny Rutherford was born in Coffeyville, Kansas.
1993 **20th anniversary** The Blizzard of 1993, described as one of the worst storms of the 20th Century, began its assault on the Gulf and East coasts.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net