Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 15, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Texas Air Traffic Controller Saves Pilot's Life
Link to story on ABC News:
2) FAA Grounds Minnesota Aerial Photo Business
Link to story on WCCO-TV:
3) UK's Luton Airport Apologizes After Posting Photo of Plane Crash on Facebook Page
Link to article in the Irish Independent:
4) Airport Life: Manage Your Trips with a New App
Link to article in USA Today:
5) Airlines on Pinterest: In-Depth Look Reveals a Bit of a Graveyard
Link to blog on Tnooz:
6) SunPass Snafu Leads to Some Overcharges
Link to article in the Sun Sentinel:
7) Digging into the Archives: The Art of David Klein
Link to the Amtrak History Blog:
8) Hackers Can Cause Traffic Jams by Manipulating Real-Time Traffic Data, Researcher Says
Link to IDG News Service article:
9) AASHTO Registers Comments on Proposed MUTCD Division
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Tennessee Highway Patrol Using Semi Trucks to Hunt Down Texters on the Interstate
Link to article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:
11) Kelly Music Research Asks 'How Important is FM in the Dashboard?'
Link to article on All Access:
- Traffic Reporter – Cablevision Systems Corp. – Woodbury, New York
Imagine the story this used car salesman had to tell when he came home from work.
- Nominations Sought – White House Champions of Change – US DOT and White House Office of Public Engagement
US DOT ITS JPO Webinar: The Potential of Dynamic Mobility Applications – April 10
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** The Long Beach Public Transit Transportation Company was approved.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net