Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, March 18, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) What's Next: Urban Mapping, Down to the Doorknob
Link to article in GCN:
2) CONDUITS Newsletter – March 2013
Link to newsletter:
3) Singapore to Install CCTVs to Control Parking
Link to article on FutureGov:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Ads to Warn of Auckland Transport Funding Shortfall
Link to story on NewstalkZB:
5) Trains vs. Plane: Does Amtrak's New Acela Ad Do the Service Justice?
Link to blog from NBC News:
6) San Francisco Cab Industry Looks to Mobile Technology to Boost Rider Experience
Link to article in The Examiner:
7) GetTaxi Allows Riders to Order Black Cars in New York City via Their Smartphones
Link to article in Crain's New York Business:
8) Smart Cars 'Pose a Risk' to Big Insurers in Australia
Link to article in the Financial Review:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) IBM Report Recommends Pittsburgh Get Traffic Management Center, Integrate Transportation Data
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/1uOi3
3) Amtrak Downeaster Provides Opportunity to Win Prizes for Documenting Travel Between Boston and Maine
- Request for Proposals – Mobile Ticketing System – Virginia Railway Express
National Conference on Highway Safety Priorities – April 14-16 – Denver
Today in Transportation History
1938 **75th anniversary** Mexico nationalized the country's oil industry.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net