Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 1, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Harlem Shake Reaches New Heights; FAA Not Amused
Link to story on CNN:
2) Patchy Progress Made on Controller-Pilot Data Link
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
3) In-Flight Entertainment Reaching New Heights
Link to article on Tnooz:
4) Future Traffic Tickets in Gwinnett County, Georgia May Come with Technology Fee
Link to story on WXIA-TV:
5) Lisbon Smart City Program
Link to article from ERTICO:
6) Documentary Tells Story of Railroad's March Across Wyoming
Link to article in the Laramie Boomerang:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Oklahoma Measure to Ban Texting While Driving Hits Roadblock
Link to article in The Oklahoman:
8) DragonForce Software Program Allows Law Enforcement Teams to Better Communicate and Collaborate
Link to article in American Cop:
9) Sex Videos Shot at Phoenix Airport Raise Security Concerns
Link to story on KNXV-TV:
10) Shhh! 'Quiet Cars' Turn Commuters Into Librarians
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
11) Q&A with Ficosa: Review of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
Link to interview on just-auto:
3) Teletrac Partners with Citroën to Release Innovative Insurance Program Based on Driver Safety Scores
As if traveling through an airport wasn't stressful enough.
- Request for Proposals – Passenger Information Display System – Greater Hartford Transit District
- Request for Proposals – Two-Way Voice and Data Radio System – Cache Valley Transit District
Webinar: BlueToad and Center-to-Center – March 12
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** The EUROCONTROL Agency was created and an international convention for air navigation in Europe entered into force.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net