Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 12, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Refuses to Rank Airlines By Safety Records
Link to article in the San Jose Mercury News:
2) Dubai Airports Introduce Smart Gates to Reduce International Wait Times
Link to article on Skift:
3) Toronto Transit Commission Suspends Use of Wheel-Trans Cameras to Weed Out Ineligible Users
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
4) Norway Mulls Broadband Internet Coverage in Arctic as Maritime Activity Grows
Link to AP article:
5) Long Beach, California Moves to Freeze Ice Cream Trucks' Music Output
Link to NPR story:
6) Articles from Texas Transportation Researcher
- Old Modes, New Data: TTI's Work in Bike and Pedestrian Research (page 4)
- Voice-to-Text Apps: No Safety Benefits (page 6)
- Plane Spotting: Sensors Assist General Aviation Airports with Plane Traffic Counts (page 11)
7) North Carolina Bill Weakens Cities' Regulatory Power Over Highway Billboards
Link to article in The Charlotte Observer:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Expert: Full Disclosure Needed on Risky Cargo
Link to article in The Gazette:
9) Transit Launches Real-Time Transit Schedules in Mexico City, Paris and, Perhaps Soon, Manila
Link to blog on VentureBeat:
I'm sorry captain, I keep getting aft and stern confused.
Ohio Conference on Freight – September 12-13 – Sandusky, Ohio
Today in Transportation History
1918 **95th anniversary** The Japanese battleship Kawachi exploded and sank in Tokuyama Bay with the loss of 621 people.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net