Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, July 4, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Want That Traffic Camera Footage? Forget It. It isn't Recorded
Link to article in the Sun Sentinel:
2) Police in Australia Hope Speed-Camera List Puts Brakes on Hoons
Link to Australian Broadcasting Corporation story:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) GPS Can't Kill the Good Old-Fashioned Road Map
Link to CBC News story:
4) Meet the Port of Oakland's New Director of Social Responsibility: Amy Tharpe
Link to article on Oakland Local:
5) Santa Monica, California Officials Hope New Real-Time Parking Signs Could Ease Weekend Traffic
Link to article on Santa Monica Lookout:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Transport for London's Responsive Website Redesign
Link to blog on E-consultancy:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Is Chicago Electronic Billboard Deal a Sign of Danger?
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
8) High-Tech Safety and Enforcement Topics at Next Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance
Link to article in Land Line:
9) Uber Vies for Global Ubiquity
Link to article in Inc.:
10) Telematics and Commercial Electric Vehicles
Link to article on Telematics Update:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Birds Eye Systems Launches Paid On-Demand Traffic Update Service in India
Link to article on Techcircle:
Ocean Innovation 2013 – October 20-23 – Rimouski, Québec
Today in Transportation History
1998 **15th anniversary** Japan launched Nozomi, a probe designed to orbit Mars.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net