Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Indonesia to Invest $250 Million in Air Traffic Management System
Link to story on Channel NewsAsia:
2) Google's Futuristic Airport Billboards Are Interactive, Allow You to Download Content
Link to article in Fast Company:
3) Inflight – July/August 2013
Issue has a number of articles about onboard communications.
Link to magazine:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) GPS Reveals Hurricane Wind Speed
Link to article in National Geographic:
5) States Not Waiting on Congress for GPS Tracking Laws
Link to article in Roll Call:
6) UK Deploys eLoran to Protect Shipping Against GPS Jamming
Link to article on PocketGPSWorld:
7) Amtrak Blocked Hypnotist Site, Netflix from Wi-Fi
Link to blog in U.S. News & World Report:
8) A Novel Transit Rider Satisfaction Metric: Rider Sentiments Measured from Online Social Media Data
Link to article in the Journal of Public Transportation:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Electronic Signs Fail to Alert Drivers of Florida Bridge Closure
Link to story on WFTX-TV:
10) A Framework for Improving Travel Time Reliability
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
11) UK Government Approves Autonomous Cars on Public Roads Before Year’s End
Link to article on Ars Technica:
12) US Driver Safety Group Sues Ford Over Touch-Screen Systems
Link to Reuters article:
13) Future Nissans Will Get AT&T Connectivity Thanks to SiriusXM Deal
Link to article on GigaOM:
Ports-to-Plains Alliance Conference – October 1-3 – Amarillo, Texas
Today in Transportation History
1938 **75th anniversary** Douglas ‘Wrong Way’ Corrigan took off from Brooklyn on a flight he said he planned to end in California. Instead, he landed in Ireland.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net