Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 2, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Deploys STARS at First of 11 Large TRACONs
Link to article in AIN Air Transport Perspective:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Russian GLONASS Launch Ends in Explosion
Link to Reuters article:
3) Gujarat Transport Launches Helpline for Women
Link to article in The Times of India:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) System Planned to Warn Montana Motorists of Dust Storms
Link to AP article:
5) Uber, Lyft Win as San Francisco Strike Strands Commuters
Link to Bloomberg article:
6) Cars That 'Talk' to Each Other Move a Step Closer
Link to article in USA Today:
7) Toyota VP Outlines Steps Needed for 'Automated' Driving
Link to article on ZDNet:
8) Carmakers Three Years Away from Easy, Simple Radios with Apps
Link to article on CEoutlook:
Connected Vehicle Trade Association's 4th International Summit on the Future of the Connected Vehicle – September 9-10 – Novi, Michigan
Today in Transportation History
1698 **315th anniversary** Thomas Savery patented the first steam engine.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net