Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) What's Keeping FAA's NextGen Air Traffic Control on the Runway?
Link to article in GCN:
2) US Senator Jeanne Shaheen Tours Nashua, New Hampshire Air Traffic Center to Stress Needs
Link to article in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
3) 'Go Team' from Boston's Logan Airport Goes to Crash Sites to Bring Home Lessons
Link to story on WBZ Radio:
4) High-Tech Video Displays Put Denver International at Forefront of Digital Advertising
Link to article in Airport Improvement:
5) Aboard America's Doomsday Command and Control Plane
Link to article on CNET:
6) Parking Moves to the Digital Realm, and Your Driveway
Link to blog in the Houston Chronicle:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Show Your Work: Transportation Behind the Scenes
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
8) Arizona DOT to Auction Off Ad Space on Metro Traveler Services Signs
Link to article in the Phoenix Business Journal:
9) Phone is Just the Ticket for Transport in Beijing
Link to article in the China Daily:
10) Riders at Unmanned New York City Subway Station Entrances to Get Remote Assistance
Link to article in the Daily News:
11) Thai Advertisers Move Toward Digital Screens, Transit Displays
Link to article in The Nation:
1) Tolling Industry Announces Major Advancement on Nationwide Interoperability and All Electronic Tolling at Denver Summit
4) QNX and Windows Embedded Automotive Market Share to Drop to 69% with Open Source Linux/GENIVI Grabbing 20% of Automotive OS Shipments by End of 2018
- Request for Qualifications – Consultant to Assess the Feasibility and Develop an Implementation Plan for Consolidation of the Three Fixed Route Bus Services in Greater Portland, Maine Region – Greater Portland Council of Governments
ITS Pennsylvania Annual Workshop and Conference – August 12-13 – Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** The Rochester 400, a streamlined passenger train operated by the Chicago & North Western Railway, ceased operation.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net