Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, February 10, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Drone Use by TV Station Employee at Fatal Connecticut Crash Under Investigation
Link to article in the Hartford Courant:
2) Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore Unveils New ATC Center
Link to article in Airports International:
3) Orlando International First US Airport with Biometric Kiosks for Passengers from Visa-Waiver Countries
Link to article in Airport World:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Indian Governments Says All Public Transport Vehicles in Major Cities Must Have GPS by February 20
Link to PTI article:
5) Variable Speed Limits 'Cut Forth Bridge Accidents'
Link to article in The Scotsman:
6) Can Transportation Agencies Call on Smartphones for Traffic Data?
Link to article in GCN:
7) Imagine a Smart Highway System in Illinois
Link to column in the Chicago Tribune:
8) Transportation Organizations Form Great Northern Corridor
Link to article in the Great Falls Tribune:
9) Police Officer-Tracking App Made by Idaho Man
Link to article from the Post Register:
10) Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator – February 2014
Link to newsletter:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
11) Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Starts Data Web Portal
Link to AP article:
12) MyFord Touch Evolution Includes Apps and Buttons
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
13) Super Bowl Transit Communications is Off Track
Link to column in The Star-Ledger:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Georgia Had, But Didn't Use, Warning System During January Snowstorm
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
15) Renault Sheds Some Light on Autonomous Car By 2020 Plans
Link to article on just-auto:
American Association of Airport Executives Annual Conference– May 18-21 – San Antonio, Texas
Today in Transportation History
2009 **5th anniversary** Communication satellites Iridium 33 and Kosmos 2251 collided while in orbit and both were destroyed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net