Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, February 20, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) GPS Upgrade Set to Launch on Replacement Mission
Link to article in USA Today:
2) Mowasalat and Kentkart in Deal to Develop ITS in Qatar
Link to article in The Peninsula:
3) Feds' Roadside Driving Survey Called Abuse of Power
Link to article in the San Jose Mercury News:
4) Illinois Tollway Aims for I-90 'Smart Corridor'
Link to article in the Daily Herald:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) US Government Drops Plan to Collect License Plate Tracking Info
Link to AP article:
6) Metrolink to Become First Commuter Railroad to Roll Out Positive Train Control
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
7) One-Seat Ride New York City to Start on New Jersey Transit's Raritan Valley Line March 3
Link to story on Cranford Radio:
8) Tesla CEO Credits Social Media for Recovery from Car Fires
Link to article from Business Insider:
9) Seattle's OpenCar Wants to Bring 'Long Tail' of Apps into Vehicles
Link to article on Xconomy:
10) New Confederate Georgia License Plate Brings Skirmishes
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
2) Transport Certification Australia to Host C-ITS International Task Group in Melbourne During March
Webinar: Traffic Management Centers in a Connected Vehicle Environment – February 27
Today in Transportation History
1844 **170th anniversary** Joshua Slocum, the first person to sail solo around the world, was born in Mount Hanley, Nova Scotia.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net