Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Memphis Airport Uses Twitter, Facebook to Connect to Passengers
Link to story on WREG-TV:
2) Toll Camera Lens Cleaners in Place on Illinois Tollway; Remote-Controlled System First in US
Link to story on WLS-TV:
3) How Mapping Software Gathers and Uses Traffic Information. The Key Element is You.
Link to article in The Washington Post:
4) Smart Highways and the Work of the Southwest Research Institute
Link to story on KSTX Radio's The Source:
5) Surveillance System Planned for Mumbai-Pune Expressway
Link to article in ITS International:
6) Mississippi's Port of Pascagoula Creates $125 Communications Fee
Link to article in The Mississippi Press:
7) Woman Who Recorded Florida Traffic Stop Spends Night in Jail
Link to story on WPLG-TV:
8) Frustrated by Traffic, New York Filmmaker Explores Streets' Future
Link to article in The Epoch Times:
9) An App That Promises to Get You Out of Parking Tickets
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
10) State of Play of the Implementation of the ERTMS Deployment Plan in Europe
Link to document from the European Commission:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) At Newark Airport, the Lights Are On, and They're Watching You
Link to article in The New York Times:
12) Sochi Airport Security Tool: Coming to an Airport Near You?
Link to McClatchy News article:
13) Traffic Safety Expo Opens in Salalah, Oman
Link to article in the Oman Daily Observer:
14) Techies Work to Merge Data from Multiple Transit Agencies
Link to blog from Mobility Lab:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Bluetooth Vehicle Tracking Could Soon Be on Windsor, Ontario Streets
Link to CBC News story:
16) Internet Boston Traffic Radio Station Prefers Humans to High-Tech
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
Link to transcript of sample broadcast
17) Autonomous Vehicle Technology Initiative Gets Into Gear at Texas Transportation Institute
Link to article in The Eagle:
18) Bottom Line with Driverless Cars: Will People Buy Them?
Link to article in the Tampa Bay Times:
Teens in the Driver Seat Summit – May 18-20 – San Antonio, Texas
Today in Transportation History
1964 **50th anniversary** Joseph-Armand Bombardier, the founder of Bombardier and inventor of the snowmobile, died in Sherbrooke, Canada.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net