Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, February 6, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA to Examine Airport Towers for Lightning Protection
Link to AP article:
2) Heathrow to Pioneer New Traffic Management System for Arriving Flights
Link to article in Airport World:
3) Do Airports Need Flight Display Information Systems Anymore?
Link to article on AviationPros:
4) Utah Network of Cameras and Sensors Keeps Traffic Moving
Link to article in Government Technology:
5) IEEE ITS Society Podcast: Human Factors at Carmakers Industry
Link to podcast:
6) The Future of Federal Aids to Navigation
Link to article in The Maritime Executive:
7) US DOT Fines Three Companies for Labeling of Rail-Bound Crude Oil
Link to article in The Hill:
8) UK's AA Wants Tougher Signs Warning of Flood Closed Roads
Link to article in the Express & Echo:
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
9) Officials: Dispute Between California Highway Patrol Officer, Firefighter an 'Isolated Incident'
Link to story on KFMB-TV:
10) This iPhone-Sized Device Can Hack a Car, Researchers Plan to Demonstrate
Link to article in Forbes:
1) Pennsylvania Traveler Information Enhanced with New 511PA Website, Improved Phone and Alert Systems
2014 Traffic Safety Conference – May 12-14 – San Antonio, Texas
Today in Transportation History
1959 **55th anniversary** The first Titan intercontinental ballistic missile was launched from Cape Canaveral.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net