Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 20, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
The Gulf Region ITS, ITS Florida, and ITS Georgia state chapters have joined together to proudly host the ITS 3C Summit meeting September 14-17 in Mobile, Alabama. The highly anticipated premier regional meeting is projected to bring together over 700 transportation industry professionals, local and state officials, engineers, planners, and emergency management personnel from across the southeast. The program will feature informative technical sessions, challenging discussions, advanced training, technical tours, an innovative technology showcase, and of course, some networking and social events you don’t want to miss! Additionally, DOT directors from across the southeast will gather for a DOT CEO roundtable to discuss important industry topics and share their state’s respective experiences. Stay up to date with ITS 3C Summit happenings on the event website www.its3csummit.com.
Register Today! Event early bird rates, discounted hotel rates and exhibitor opportunities expire at the end of July. Check out the website for the latest news and event updates. See you in Mobile!
1) Nation State-Sponsored Attackers Hacked Two Airports, Report Says
Link to article on Nextgov:
2) System Alerts Drone Haters When to Duck and Cover
Link to story from ABC News Radio:
3) Gogo Invites Media to Tour Chicago Operations Center
Link to article in Inflight:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
4) Nearly Unlimited Transit and Trail Data Coming to an App Near You
Link to article in Outside:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) 1,800 of 3,700 GPS Devices Go Missing from Delhi Buses in Advance of Commonwealth Games
Link to PTI article:
6) Work to Begin on Greater Manchester's Smart Motorway
Link to article in Fleet News:
7) Computerization of Angola Port Services Facilitates Maritime Trade
Link to ANGOP article:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Public Input Missing from White House Meetings on Rail Safety Rules
Link to McClatchy News article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Vancouver Transit Police Release New OnDuty Smartphone App
Link to article in The Providence:
Link to news release
10) Protecting the Airport Perimeter
Link to article in Airport Industry Review:
11) Toronto Buses to Get Wi-Fi, But Riders May Not Get Access
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
12) Nine New Apps to Help You Navigate TriMet
Link to article in The Oregonian:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Interview with Joseph Kopser, CEO of RideScout
Link to interview on IBTTA Radio:
14) Automakers Criticize Bill to Open Part of Spectrum Reserved for Safety
Link to article in The Detroit News:
'Honey, I'm going to be a little late getting home…'
IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability – July 24-26 – Portland, Oregon
Today in Transportation History
1914 **100th anniversary** The SS Bismarck was launched in Hamburg, Germany. It was the largest ship in the world at the time.
1974 **40th anniversary** The last two remaining sternwheelers on the Yukon River were destroyed by a fire in Whitehorse.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net