Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, June 24, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA Summit on AET, Managed Lanes & Interoperability – Four Weeks Away!
Make plans to join IBTTA in San Diego for the Summit on All-Electronic Tolling, Managed Lanes & Interoperability, July 20-22, 2014. Nearly 400 people have already registered for this event that will focus on questions such as how we can improve our customer’s experience while on a toll facility, how the never ending flood of technology offerings actually help our customers and how improvements in operations and business rules enhance our customers acceptance of tolling. Listen to our keynote speaker, Joseph Kopser, the CEO of RideScout, as he describes how this new app was built to address the transportation and mobility needs of our customers. View the updated program and register today at www.ibtta.org/sandiego.
1) British Airways Launches In-Flight 'Slow TV', with Seven-Hour Film of Train Journey
Link to article in The Daily Telegraph:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) Bicycle Billboards Roll Into Sudbury, Ontario
Link to story on CBC News:
3) Scottsdale, Arizona Police Use Stealth-Like Kiosk to Nab Speeders
Link to story on KTVK-TV:
4) Chicago's Futuristic Lamp Posts Will Track Pedestrians, Air Quality, Sound Levels
Link to article in Fast Company:
5) Robot to Park Travelers' Cars at Dusseldorf, Germany Airport
Link to AP article:
6) StadiumPark Touts 'E-ZPass for Stadiums' Parking App Idea
Link to article in Mobile Sports Report:
7) Surface Transportation Board Orders Railroads to Report Weekly on Efforts to Clear Grain Backlog
Link to AP article:
8) Texas Considers Higher Roadside Billboards
Link to story on KBTX-TV:
9) New Jersey Bid to Rename Toll Bridge for Fallen Marine Surprises Widow, Bridge Owner
Link to article in The Express-Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Transportation Security Information Sharing: Stakeholder Satisfaction Varies; TSA Could Take Additional Actions to Strengthen Efforts
Link to GAO report:
Link to supplement:
11) Calgary Transit Aims to Make Website More User-Friendly
Link to article in the Calgary Herald:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) New Signs, Cameras to Help I-94 Drivers in Michigan
Link to article in the Battle Creek Enquirer:
13) This Startup Says It Can Make Any Car Autonomous for $10,000
Link to article in Wired:
14) BMW Cars Go Online in Australia – at a Price
Link to article in Motoring:
15) Are You Ready to Leave the Parking to Your Car?
Link to story on WWJ Radio:
- Request for Proposals – Rest Area/Welcome Center Advertising and Sponsorship Program – Michigan DOT
T-3 Webinar: Performance Measures and Benefit-Cost Analysis for Weather Responsive Traffic Management – July 8
Today in Transportation History
109 **1905th anniversary** The Aqua Traiana was inaugurated by Roman Emperor Trajan. It carried water 40 kilometers to Rome.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net