Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA 82nd Annual Meeting & Exhibition – Customers & Collaboration – September 14-17
for a 10% Discount on Delegate Fees!
is on the horizon! Join IBTTA and our hosts, the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority and the Texas Department of Transportation, in Austin and interact with the most influential experts and decision makers from around the globe. Become a meeting sponsor or promote your products or services by being an exhibitor. And if you arrive a day early, come to the golf event to support the IBTTA Foundation at the Barton Creek Golf Resort. IBTTA’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition will be held at the Austin Hilton. Visit for all the details and to !
1) Delta Says Sorry for Tweet Linking Ghana, Giraffe
Link to AP article:
Link to news release
2) Singapore's Changi Getting 'Intelligent Airport' System
Link to blog in Wired:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Samsung Creates Smart Bicycle
Link to article on GeekSided:
4) South Carolina Teen Made to Remove Makeup to Get License Photo at DMV
Link to story on WHNS-TV:
5) What Traffic Congestion, Car Speeds Mean for Outdoor Ads
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) California Lawmakers Consider Hit-and-Run Alerts
Link to story on KNBC-TV:
7) 'Work Zone Alert' New Safety Buzzwords in California
Link to article in The Reporter:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) MBTA Tightens No-Phone Policy for Drivers
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
9) On the Road and Up in the Cloud
Link to articles on Telematics Update:
10) University Students Help Pocatello Regional Transit with Marketing Plan
Link to article in the Idaho State Journal:
11) Gamification, Technology, and Improving Transit Rider Satisfaction
Link to article from Mobility Lab:
12) Former South Carolina Runway Attracts Automotive R&D
Link to article in GSA Business:
13) Large-Scale Tests with Self-Driving Cars to Hit Dutch Roads
Link to article on TechHive:
IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability – July 24-26 – Portland, Oregon
Today in Transportation History
1929 **85th anniversary** Delta Air Lines made its first passenger flight from Dallas to Jackson, Mississippi.
1994 **20th anniversary** A slow-speed freeway chase of O.J. Simpson in Los Angeles is watched live by millions on television.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net