Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, June 19, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA 82nd Annual Meeting & Exhibition – Customers & Collaboration – September 14-17
Register Online for a 10% Discount on Delegate Fees!
IBTTA's 82nd Annual Meeting & Exhibition is on the horizon! Join IBTTA and our hosts, the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority and the Texas Department of Transportation, in Austin and interact with the most influential experts and decision makers from around the globe. Become a meeting sponsor or promote your products or services by being an exhibitor. And if you arrive a day early, come to the golf event to support the IBTTA Foundation at the Barton Creek Golf Resort. IBTTA’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition will be held at the Austin Hilton. Visit www.IBTTA.org/austin for all the details and to register today!
1) A Look Behind the Scenes at Southwest Airlines Operations
Link to article on CNET:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) New Hampshire DOT Considers Fitness App Data Purchase to Improve Biking Experience
Link to article in the Concord Monitor:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Toyota's Internet-Linked Navigation System Anticipates Drivers' Needs
Link to article in The Japan News:
4) US Coast Guard Arctic Priorities Include Communications and Operations
Link to article on Marine Link:
5) House Subcommittee Holds Hearing on Future of Surface Transportation
Link to further information:
6) 3D Technology Aids Virginia Beach Transportation Planning
Link to story on WVEC-TV:
7) The Bus of the Future Will Catch You
Link to story on New City Tech:
8) Chassis Lessor Grows Into the Cloud
Link to article on ZDNet:
9) Oil Train Shipment Details Not Sensitive, Federal Transportation Officials Argue
Link to AP article:
10) US Local Transit Lines Rush to Introduce Mobile Ticketing
Link to article on Skift:
11) What Does GM's 4G LTE In-Car Wi-Fi Look Like?
Link to article on The Motley Fool:
- Request for Information – Sponsorship Opportunities for IMAP and NC 511 Programs – North Carolina DOT
- Call for Abstracts – ITS Minnesota Fall Forum
Connected Vehicle Trade Association Health & Transportation Workshop – June 25 – Southfield, Michigan
Today in Transportation History
1964 **50th anniversary** President Lyndon Johnson participates in the groundbreaking for a test track of the Bay Area Rapid Transit system.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net