Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, June 16, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
HERE selected by I-95 Corridor Coalition for Real-time Traffic Services
The I-95 Corridor Coalition announced that they have selected HERE as one of their preferred providers of real-time traffic services. HERE provides probe-based speed and travel time data, Cloud-based HERE Platform APIs, and theIteris iPEMs performance measurement system. The states will be able to use real-time traffic information and analytical tools to help monitor traffic and analyze travel conditions across the roadways.
HERE looks forward to working with states to enhance operations and provide valuable traveler information to facilitatethe movement of people and goods along this corridor and throughout the nation. Please contact HERE for a demonstration of these services.
1) Air Traffic Controller 'Joke' Diverts Plane Just Before Landing
Link to story on WXIA-TV:
2) Three Problems JetBlue Faces with Fast Internet Service
Link to article in Bloomberg Businessweek:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) University of Iowa Virtual Lab to Focus on Texting Pedestrians
Link to article in The Gazette:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) US DOT Aims to Regulate Map Aids in Vehicles
Link to article in The New York Times:
5) Illinois DOT Installing ITS on Interstates in Effingham Area
Link to article in the Effingham Daily News:
6) Vancouver Port Starts Project to Ease Truck Congestion
Link to article in American Shipper:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Riding the Rails to Craft Amtrak's Social Media Strategy
Link to article in The Washington Post:
8) AT&T's 'It Can Wait' Campaign Wins Year's Best Campaign Award
Link to article on Headlines & Global News:
9) New Automatic Train Control System in Victoria Delayed Again
Link to article in The Age:
10) Roads in the Future Will Need Data Standards as Well as Signs, Says US DOT's CIO
Link to article in Computerworld:
11) Without Notice, New Jersey Transit Cuts Time Light Rail Ticket is Valid
Link to article in the Hudson Reporter:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Smart Traffic Tool to Manage Noida-Greater Noida Expressway
Link to article in The Times of India:
13) Senator Schumer: Speed Up 'Black Box' Mandate for Tractor-Trailers
Link to story on WNYT-TV:
Link to news release
14) Volvo Tiles Its New Sensus Interface
Link to article on CNET:
Link to news release
15) Vodafone Targets 'Connected Cars' with Italian Deal
Link to Reuters article:
CHAMP (Cycling Heroes Advancing Sustainable Mobility Practice) Final Workshop – September 11-12 – Gent, Belgium
Today in Transportation History
1779 **235th anniversary** Spanish and French naval forces began the Great Siege of Gibraltar.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net