Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, October 24, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) The Smart Floors Making Airports More Accessible for Disabled Travelers
Link to article on Skift:
2) Iran to Hold First National Congress on ITS
Link to article on Traffic Technology Today:
3) Can Congestion Pricing Work Where It's Needed Most?
Link to blog in Roll Call:
4) Live Chat: How Can We Use Technology to Create Sustainable City Transport – October 30
Link to further information in The Guardian:
5) The Future of Parking: No Meters, Open Spots and Dynamic Rates
Link to story on WTOP Radio:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Port Authority of New York & New Jersey Adopts Policy to Ease Access to Public Records
Link to NJ Advance Media article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Study: Handheld Phone Enforcement Doesn't Cut Crashes
Link to article in The Detroit News:
Link to further information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
8) Showing Cellphone Callers the Road Might Improve Driver Safety
Link to Reuters article:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
9) Hailo Taxi App Unveils New Features and Teams Up with Futurologists
Link to article in City A.M.:
10) You Can Now Track the Location of Above-Ground Green Line Trolleys in Boston
Link to story on WBUR Radio:
Link to news release
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Travel Times Now Being Displayed on Connecticut Highway Signs
Link to story on WNPR Radio:
12) Director of US DOT's ITS Joint Program Office Talks Connected Vehicles and More
Link to interview on Transportation Radio:
13) Honda Rolls Out Pedestrian Detection for Legend Sedan
Link to article in PC World:
Link to news release
14) Self-Driving Cars: 'A Vaccine That Can Save Lives'
Link to story on BBC:
15) How We'll Build and Secure the Connected Cars of the Future
Link to article on ITProPortal:
Escalators: Where rats go for exercise.
Webinar: FMCSA Trucking Initiative: SmartPark – November 4 & 20
http://bit.ly/1pAW7Mq (November 4)
http://bit.ly/1tLcQUC (November 20)
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net