Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Ebola Alarms Spread with Crews, Fliers on Illness Alert
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) Airline Complains About Lack of Signs to Help Travelers Find Out-of-the-Way Hawaii Airport
Link to AP article:
3) Internet of Things-Driven Airports Must be Helpful, Not Creepy
Link to article on Tnooz:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
4) Veloloop for Bicycles Hacks Traffic Signals by Auto-Triggering Sensors
Link to article on Designboom:
5) New Jersey Police Dashboard Video Recordings Are Public Records, State Judge Rules
Link to article in The Star-Ledger:
6) Downtown Hanoi to Have 450 Smart Traffic Cameras by 2015
Link to article on Thanh Nien News:
7) Sioux City Speed Camera Ordinance Goes Before Iowa Supreme Court
Link to article in the Sioux City Journal:
8) Intelligent Transportation Systems 2014: Volume 1
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
9) Critics Say Railroads Should Do More to Prevent Pedestrian Deaths
Link to story on NPR's All Things Considered:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Feds Clear Seven on No-Fly List to Travel, Will Tell Six More Why They Can't
Link to AP article:
11) First Responders Left in the Dark on Public Safety Network
Link to article in Governing:
12) Is It Legal for Corvette to Eavesdrop?
Link to article in The New York Times:
13) Are Cars' Big Tachometers Doomed?
Link to article in USA Today:
14) Three Driverless Car Projects that May Change How the World Travels
Link to article in Government Technology:
1) Annual Cost of Gridlock in Europe and the US Will Increase 50% on Average to $293 Billion by 2030
5) TransCore Selected by New York City MTA Bridges and Tunnels to Deploy All-Electronic Tolling System
The Marketing Event for the A/E/C Industry – November 7 – New York, New York
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net