Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, October 8, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Rear Projection DLP™ Cubes with LED Light Source vs. Slim-Bezel LCD in Control Rooms
The two most commonly deployed control room technologies today are: Thin-bezel LCD display wall systems and Rear-projection DLP display wall systems with long-life LED light source. Check out Mitsubishi Electric’s latest white paper which compares the technologies and highlights pros and cons of each to help customers make an informed choice for their investment in display technology. Click here to view the white paper: http://me-vis.com/white-paper-download/
1) Aviation Experts Want Better Tracking of Planes in Wake of Malaysian Plane Tragedy
Link to article in The Washington Post:
2) US DOT Answers the Most Frequently Asked Questions About the Upcoming Connected Vehicle Pilots Program
Link to further information from ITS Joint Program Office:
3) Israeli Transportation Ministry Puts an End to 'How Am I Driving' Stickers
Link to article in The Yeshiva World:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Railroad Groups Urge Withdrawal of Emergency Rule on Oil Train Reporting
Link to story on NBC News:
5) New Christchurch Bus Depot Will Be Really High-Tech
Link to article from The Press:
6) Display for Discovering Least-Crowded Subway Car
Link to article on PSFK:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Two Government Committees Formed to Decongest Bangalore
Link to article in The Hindu:
1) ITS America President and CEO Scott Belcher to Become CEO of the Telecommunications Industry Association
Are you attending next week's ITS New Jersey annual meeting in New Brunswick? If so, please let me know. I'd love the opportunity to meet. Just drop me a note at email@example.com so we can make sure we have a chance to get together.
UITP International Bus Conference – November 5-7 – Rio de Janeiro
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net