Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, January 9, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
I plan to be at TRB's annual meeting next week in Washington, DC. First, I'd welcome the opportunity to meet you if you'll be attending. Second, as happened previously for TRB, I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in sponsoring my attendance. The approximate cost is $700. In return, you'll be able to have seven days of ads in the TCN, or some other service such as voiceover work, in return for your support. If you'd like to meet or are interested in sponsoring me, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
1) Police Advised on Drone Rules as FAA Seeks Enforcement Help
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) Boingo Rolls Out Network Function Virtualization Technology for Wi-Fi at Five US Airports
Link to article on FierceWirelessTech:
3) FAA Safety Briefing Examines Airspace and Air Traffic Control
Link to publication:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
4) Smart Bike Pedal Tracks Location, Charts Speed and Counts Calories
Link to article on CityLab:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) New Jersey Turnpike Authority Budgets $350,000 for Website Redesign
Link to NJ Advance Media article:
6) New Railroad Signs in Spokane Aim to Prevent Collisions
Link to story on KREM-TV:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
7) China's Transport Ministry Bans Private Drivers in Taxi App Clampdown
Link to article in The Economic Times:
8) Detroit DOT Buys 80 New Buses, Releases App
Link to story on WDIV-TV:
9) Why is Hamilton, Ontario Transit System Still Not on Social Media?
Link to CBC News story:
10) An Art Tour of the New York City Subway System
Link to column in The Wall Street Journal:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Traffeek App Can Help Motorists Beat the Jams
Link to article in The Free Press:
Link to Traffeek
12) Nissan, NASA to Work on Autonomous Car Technology
Link to AP article:
13) Putting the Mobile in Automobile
Link to article in Bloomberg Businessweek:
Take a ride on a Greyhound bus from New York City to Pittsburgh in 1946.
- Program Solicitation – Small Business Innovation Research Program – US DOT
First Outsourced Probe Data Symposium – January 15 – College Park, Maryland
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net