Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Iteris Presents “Big Data Analytics for Congestion Management Programs” Webinar on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 11 a.m. PST
Traditionally, transportation system performance and congestion monitoring has been limited to using floating car surveys and traffic count data. Data from these conventional methods covered a limited number of observations. With technological advancements, massive traffic data from infrastructure sensors and vehicle probes have become increasingly available. This new and rich data has made way for Big Data analytics as an emerging method for performing state of the system monitoring.
Join us on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 11:00 AM (PST) to learn more about how Iteris can help you leverage Big Data for your Congestion Management Program (CMP), presented by Rob Hranac, Vice President, Transportation Analytics at Iteris.
Reserve your webinar seat now at .
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) Jaguar Land Rover's 'Bike Sense' Technology to Help Prevent Cycling Accidents
Link to article on just-auto:
2) The Hidden Cameras in New York City's Subways
Link to article in the New York Post:
3) Washington State DOT Making Changes to 'Good to Go' Toll Bills
Link to story on KING-TV:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) US Army Interest Suggests eLoran Might Have a Future as GPS Backup
Link to article on AINonline:
5) Meet the New President of ITS New Jersey, Steve Dilts
Link to interview on Transportation Radio:
6) Traveling 'Smarter' in Holland – Interview with Marije de Vreeze of ITS Netherlands
Link to video from Telematics Update:
7) Interview with Maria Roat, Chief Technology Officer, USDOT
Link to interview on WFED Radio:
8) Smart Stadiums to Pilot Smart City Apps
Link to article on Sourceable:
9) Death of Reality TV Star is Latest Railroad 'Stolen-Shot' Tragedy
Link to article on Deadline:
10) Federal Railroad Administration Publishes Highway-Rail Crossing Inventory Reporting Rule
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
11) Ontario Installing 50 Full-Color, Bilingual Electronic Highway Signs
Link to article in the Toronto Sun:
12) How Better Sign Management Could Save Minnesota Millions
Link to blog from Crossroads:
SAFETY / SECURITY
13) Bermuda Police Launch Tactics to Calm Island's Roads
Link to article in The Royal Gazette:
14) Can Mobile Gamers Improve Airport Security?
Link to story on Fox News:
Link to further information
15) Union Says BC Transit Discipline of Drivers for Not Calling Out Stops is Unfair
Link to CBC News story:
16) Transport for London Bans Play Poster on Underground
Link to article in the London Evening Standard:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
17) Moscow Will Track Cellphone Users to Improve Traffic
Link to article on The Stack:
Link to article on Moscow 24 (in Russian)
18) North Dakota Lawmakers Opt for Study, Not Regulation of Unmanned Vehicles
Link to article in The Bismarck Tribune:
19) Technology is Latest Battlefront in Luxury Autos
Link to article in Advertising Age:
1) Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Technology Industry Awareness Driven by Driverless Cars; DSRC to be Challenged by 5G in the Next Decade
ITS Minnesota Annual Meeting – March 3 – Bloomington, Minnesota
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net