Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 16, 2016 – Cranford, New Jersey
1) India to Use Portable ATCs to Keep Small Airports Humming
2) Omaha's Eppley Airfield Having Tough Time Letting Public Know About Official Cellphone Lots
3) New Arizona DOT Cameras on SR 347 to Ease Traffic Back-ups
4) Google Maps Will Soon Indicate Information on Wheelchair Accessible Locations
5) 'Abandoned' Teddy Bear at LAX that Prompted TSA Warning, Turned Out to Be 'Stunt'
6) New Snowplow Tracker from Howard County, Maryland Brings 'More Accurate, Better Information'
Howard County news release
7) Exploratory Analysis of Augmented Reality Visualization for Right-of-Way Excavation Safety
8) New Real-Time App Aims to Help Drivers in DC Find Parking
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) How the Tampa Bay Times Took on a Complicated Transportation Story with Simple Storytelling (and Legos)
10) Nevada DOT Makes Upgrade to Washoe Valley Wind-Warning System
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Mercedes-Benz's 'Digital Lights' Make Headlights Smarter
Daimler news release
12) Ford Studies Using Drones to Guide Self-Driving Cars
13) Connected Cars Must Play a Role in Our Digital Lives, Says Renault
14) Michigan Allows Self-Driving Cars; Still Bars Tesla
15) Mindboggling Uber Hubris
2) Advances in Sydney Transport Infrastructure Technology Changing Landscape More Quickly than Anyone Foresaw
Has anyone checked to see if this road crew has received proper safety training?
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016