Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 2, 2016 – Cranford, New Jersey
Transportation Radio Series to Feature Interviews with State DOT CEOs
Mississippi DOT Executive Director Melinda McGrath was the first in a series of interviews I hope to be doing with the heads of the state DOTs. Each of the interviews will be posted here in the TCN, as well as other transportation newsletters I edit. If you'd like to have your state's transportation chief interviewed on Transportation Radio, please drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if your business is interested in sponsoring one or more of this series of podcasts, please let me know. I'll still be featuring other interviews on Transportation Radio, such as the one posted today (Story #4) with ITS Canada.
1) Hackers Destroy Computers at Saudi Aviation Agency
Link to CNN story
2) Disappearing Icon of Airport Design Finds New Life in Qantas Lounges
Link to Runway Girl Network article
3) Red-Light Traffic Camera Program Ending in Rochester, New York
Link to WHAM-TV story
4) ITS Canada Prepares for 2017 ITS World Congress
Link to Transportation Radio interview
5) How Smart Technology May Improve I-70 Winter Driving in Colorado
Link to Colorado Public Radio story
6) Steep Rise in Police Requests for Opal Data to Track People on New South Wales Public Transport
Link to Guardian article
7) Streetfilms Releases Video on 'Vancouver's Multi-Modal Success Story'
Link to Streetfilms article and video
8) Audi's Ingolstadt, Germany Production Center Deploys IoT-Enabled Smart Parking
Link to RCR Wireless News article
9) Hazardous Materials Rail Shipments: A Review of Emergency Response Information in Selected Train Documents
Link to GAO report
10) New York State Rebuffed Feds' Olive Branch on 'I Love NY' Signs
Link to Journal News article
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Watchdog: UK Port Security 'Impaired' By Shortcomings in Passenger Information
Link to Belfast Telegram article
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
12) Uber Wants to Track Your Location Even When You're Not Using the App
Link to The Verge article
13) 'OK Google' Is Finally Coming to Android Auto
Link to Engadget article
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
14) Massachusetts State Police to Start Using Drone for Car Crash Reconstruction
Link to Boston Globe article
Link to news release
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Project Manager – Gannett Fleming – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The North Texas Tollway Authority won't just help you if you have a problem along the road, they'll have fun getting you on your way!
IRF Annual Meeting & General Assembly – January 9-11 – Washington, DC
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016