Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, December 8, 2016 – Cranford, New Jersey
I'm trying something a little different with today's edition and I'd like your feedback on what you think of it.
I'm embedding the links for the articles with the name of the source of the story. On the plus side it makes the newsletter more streamlined, but I'm more concerned about readability. One hallmark of the TCN is that it's easy to scan and read the stories you find interesting. I've stayed away from photos and other "extras" that would make the TCN slower to load and more cluttered.
Please let me know what you think. Is it better, worse or it doesn't make a difference? Please drop me a note at email@example.com and let me know how you're reading the TCN (on a desktop, phone, etc.) and how it comes to you (Gmail, Outlook, etc.). Thanks!
1) Airlines Seek National Route to More Efficient Skies in Europe
2) Massachusetts DOT Says Move to Electronic Tolling is Saving Commuting Time
3) App Uses 'Swarm' to Aid Motorcyclists
4) Victorian Transport Association Outlines Transport Technology Imperative
5) The Plan to Remake the American Port with Better Data
6) How the Port of Rotterdam is Investing in Cybersecurity
7) UK Department for Transport Launches £2.5 Million Transport Tech Funding Package
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Basketball Star Yao Ming Releases Emoji Package to Promote Traffic Safety
9) The Media Megaphone: Does It Help Curb Bad Infrastructure Projects?
10) In Earlier Battle, FHWA Told New York State Bridge Authority Ad Signs Were Illegal
11) New Boston Sign Will Tell Drivers Distance to Newport, Oregon
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) The Horizons of Technological Control: Automated Surveillance in the New York Subway
13) Bad App-titude: The Problem with Infotainment is Our Expectation
14) From the Road to the Air, the Evolving Use of Telematics
15) San Francisco Muni Chooses Places Over People for Station Names
16) Wi-Fi in Underground New York City Subway Stations Still on Track for Completion, Source Says
17) Los Angeles County Metro Seeing $$$$ with New Opportunity to Sell Naming Rights to Rail Lines, Stations
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
18) Missouri DOT, Springfield Combining Traffic Management Systems
19) Uber Wants to Pump the Brakes on Autonomous Car Testing Rules in Pennsylvania
2) Wisconsin Departments of Justice, Transportation Team Up for Radio, TV Ads Warning of Drugged Driving Dangers
3) GEWI Partners with Waze Connected Citizens Program to Enable 'Off-the-Shelf' Waze Data Integration
5) USDOT Proposes Rule to Protect Airline Passengers from Being Unwillingly Exposed to Voice Calls on Aircraft
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016