Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 9, 2016 – Cranford, New Jersey
Thank you for your responses so far to the modified format of the TCN. The comments have been overwhelmingly in favor of the changes (90%) so, for the time being, I'll continue using the embedded links. I hope those who prefer the old style will continue to be readers and that this switch isn't too disruptive.
I hope you've also been enjoying my Transportation Radio interviews. These are a unique way for me to bring you original reporting in an audio format. In addition to seeing the stories in the TCN, you can also subscribe via iTunes, TuneIn and Stitcher. Listen as you're driving or exercising. You'll find the archive of stories at the above links. As always, please share your comments with me at email@example.com.
1) Chances of Privatizing Air Traffic Control Improving, Advocates Say
2) Private Company Profiting Off of Taxpayer-Funded DOT Cameras
3) Mobile Speed Cameras too Much for Canberra, Australia's Aging Adjudication System
4) Harford County, Maryland Sheriff Decides Against Exterior Cameras on School Buses
5) Danes Test Onboard Internet of Things
6) Mediterranean Ports Cooperation Platform Launched in Marseilles
7) Help with PTC Implementation: Rail Supply Community Perspectives
8) Vehicle Tech Records Commercial Drivers' Every Move
9) Transport for London May Scrap 'Ladies and Gentlemen' for Gender Neutral Announcements
10) 'Transit' App Now Offering Real-Time Information for Rhode Island Bus Riders
11) Study Says 70% of San Francisco Transit Riders Don't Trust Payment Security
12) Buses in St. Joseph, Missouri to be Equipped with Tablet Technology
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Traffic Experts Say Growing Traffic Problems in Greece Due, in Part, to Breakdown of Traffic Management Center
14) Transport for London Looks to Data to Improve Services and Cut Congestion
15) Michigan Governor Signs Law Allowing Public to Buy and Use Fully Self-Driving Cars
- Executive Director – TRANSCOM (Transportation Operations Coordinating Committee) – Jersey City, New Jersey
The operator of this boat was supposedly in the bathroom when this happened. Moral: Keep you head out the head while underway.
Southwestern Rail Conference – January 12-13 – Dallas
The Transportation Communications Newsletter (ISSN 1529-1057) is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription or to unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2016 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com
1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016