Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 14, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Now for IBTTA’s 77th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, September 13-16, 2009 in Chicago, Illinois!
IBTTA's 77th Annual Meeting & Exhibition is the most significant gathering of toll industry professionals in the world. Attend this meeting and interact with the most influential experts and decision makers from around the globe and discuss ideas and solutions about transportation financing strategies, the future of tolling and paying for mobility, AET and Interoperability, new ideas for the new economy and sustainable transportation. Featured speakers include Stuart Varney, Business and Financial Journalist and Mark Shields, Syndicated Columnist and Political Analyst. Register by August 14 and receive a $100 discount off your registration fee. This meeting is hosted by the Illinois Tollway and will be held at the Hyatt Regency. For information on registration, hotel reservations, exhibiting or sponsorship, visit IBTTA's website at www.ibtta.org Register today and get ready for the Transformation of Transportation!
1) FAA: Controller was on Phone During Hudson Crash
Link to AP story:
2) American Airlines Wins Approval to Create Custom Approach Routes to Airports
Link to story in Aviation Week:
3) Tampa International Airport Wants More Cameras to Watch Your Luggage
Link to story in the St. Petersburg Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) US Homeland Security Expands Biometric Security Program
Link to story in InformationWeek:
5) Untangling the Challenges of the Connected Car
Link to story in Embedded Computing Design:
6) Scottish Student Gets Exam Certificate – In Catching Public Transport
Link to story in the Daily Record:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) State-of-the-Art Traffic and Communications Network Planned for Delhi for Commonwealth Games
Link to story in The Times of India:
8) The Surreal Side of Traffic
The author of Traffic explains how traffic planners use fear to keep traffic congestion down and why real–time traffic information doesn't always work.
Link to audio interview on KUOW Radio:
9) Safer Trucks – Virtually
Link to story in BusinessDay:
- Traffic Safety Engineering Research Program Manager – University of Wisconsin-Madison TOPS Laboratory – Madison, Wisconsin
Webinar: Emergency Communications: Cutting Through the Static – September 10
Stephen Colbert’s Twitter Tips for Drivers and Cyclists
Today in Transportation History
1909 **100th anniversary** - The first race took place at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It was a motorcycle contest.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast email@example.com.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast