Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Now for IBTTA’s 77th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, September 13-16, 2009 in Chicago, Illinois!
IBTTA's 77th Annual Meeting & Exhibition is the most significant gathering of toll industry professionals in the world. Attend this meeting and interact with the most influential experts and decision makers from around the globe and discuss ideas and solutions about transportation financing strategies, the future of tolling and paying for mobility, AET and Interoperability, new ideas for the new economy and sustainable transportation. Featured speakers include Stuart Varney, Business and Financial Journalist and Mark Shields, Syndicated Columnist and Political Analyst. Register by August 14 and receive a $100 discount off your registration fee. This meeting is hosted by the Illinois Tollway and will be held at the Hyatt Regency. For information on registration, hotel reservations, exhibiting or sponsorship, visit IBTTA's website at www.ibtta.org Register today and get ready for the Transformation of Transportation!
1) NTSB Head Says FAA Failed to Act on ‘Scores of Recommendations’ on Shared Air Space
Link to story in the Daily News:
2) US DOT Fines 3 Carriers for Disclosure Violations
Link to AP story:
3) GE Aerospace, FAA, to Study How to Integrate UAVs in US National Air Space
Link to story in Military and Aerospace Electronics:
4) New Web Site Enhancements Announced for FAA.gov
Link to story on The Aero-News Network:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) GPS Sats are Going to be Going, Going, Gone – IIR-M Final Flight
Link story on Satnews:
6) Mixed Messages Spark Port of Brisbane Emergency
Link to story in the Brisbane Times:
7) South Africa Weather Service to Make Information Available Through Cell Phones
Link to story on ITWeb:
8) Traffic Signs Have Same Message, Different Look
Sign warns of multiple hazards.
Link to story in The Wenatchee World:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) :-( help! Asap: Iowans Put 911 Texting to Test
Link to story in USA Today:
10) $42 Million More for Airport Explosives Detection
Link to story in Government Security News:
11) Hacker with Asperger’s Sentenced to 55 Months for Trucking Scheme
Link to story in Wired:
12) Road Testing the Latest Telematics Services from Ford and Lexus
Link to story in Edmunds Daily:
13) Miracle on 34th Street: Knowing Bus Arrival Times
Link to story in The New York Times:
14) Phone that Recognizes Tube Stops
Link to BBC News story and video:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Twitter Sued Over Emergency Tweets
Company claims patent infringement.
Link to story from The National Law Journal:
16) Proceedings of Intelligent Vehicle Technology Transfer (IVTT) Joint Military/Civilian Workshop on IntelliDrive Available Online
Link to further information from Transport Gooru:
Government Video Technology Expo 2009 – December 1-3 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1909 **100th anniversary** - The SS Arapahoe became the first American ship recorded to use SOS as a call for help.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast email@example.com.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast