Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 21, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Flight Delay Predictor Saves Airport Time and Hassle
Link to story in PC World:
2) Hundreds of Drivers in Florida File Lawsuits Against Cities Using Traffic Cameras
Link to story in the South Florida Sun Sentinel:
3) Thousands Cancel E-ZPass as Maryland Starts Monthly Fee
Link to story in The Baltimore Sun:
4) Baghdad’s Sole Traffic Lights: Struggle for Normality
Link to AFP story:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) US House Members to TSA: Don’t Destroy Registered Traveler Data
Link to story in Federal Computer Week:
6) EU Considers Imposing Car Crash Alert System
Link to Reuters story:
7) Chrysler and Hughes Telematics Part Ways
Link to story in Automobile Magazine:
8) Toronto Transit Commission Bus Plan Aims to ‘Urge People Out of Their Cars’
SMS text messaging and signs with arrival times part of the effort.
Link to story in the National Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) DC Metro Tweets Far from Short and Sweet (or Decipherable)
Link to story in The Washington Post:
- Planner 2 (ITS Specialist) – TranSystems – Boston, Massachusetts
Australian Intelligent Transport Systems Summit – November 18-19 – Melbourne
Maybe they’ll roll this out on the New York City subways next.
Today in Transportation History
1984 **25th anniversary** - A bomb exploded outside the Rah Ahan railroad station in Teheran. Eighteen people were killed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast