Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 28, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Back on the Bus
Buses back in style in the US Northeast corridor with amenities such as Wi-Fi.
Link to article in The Washington Post:
2) 3-D Imaging Set Off Lane Closure on Ohio Bridge
Link to article in The Plain Dealer:
SAFETY / SECURITY
3) Tighter Oversight on US Border Laptop Searches
Link to AP article:
4) Staying Entertained and Informed – Telemotive
Link to article in Automotive Industries:
5) ÖBB (Austrian Rail) Takes NFC Into the Next Dimension…
Link to article in Mobility:
6) TriMet Ride Advocate Campaigns to Save Jobs Helping Transit Passengers
Link to article in The Oregonian:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Wyoming DOT: New Highway Message System Working
Link to article in the Casper Star-Tribune:
8) Member of Scottish Parliament: Electronic Signs ‘Unnecessary’
Link to article in The Press and Journal:
- Team Leader of the Intelligent Transportation System Team/Senior Transportation Specialist – Federal Transit Administration – Washington, DC
2009 Sustainability, Social Responsibility, Energy Conservation and Maintenance Conference – October 4-6 – St. Louis
Here’s one more thing to blame on traffic.
Today in Transportation History
1609 **400th anniversary** - Henry Hudson and his crew make the first recorded European visit to Delaware Bay.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast