Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Logan Airport to Unveil New Ship Radar System
Link to AP article:
2) FAA Soliciting Comments on Foreign Object Debris Detection and Alerting Systems
Link to article in Aviation International News:
3) Adding ‘Boston’ to Name Boosts New Hampshire Airport’s Numbers
Link to article in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
4) Hewlett Packard to Develop New Technology System for American Airlines
Link to AP article:
Link to news release from HP:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Screening Program Causing Confusion Among Travelers and Travel Companies
Link to article in The Sacramento Bee:
6) US Transportation Security Administration May Hand Cash Rewards to Tipsters About Crimes or Security Violations
Link to article in Government Security News:
7) Video Dramatization Shows Deadly Consequences of Texting and Driving
As experts prepare for summit on distracted driving, debate ensues over whether videos, laws and technology can be effective.
Link to article in Computerworld:
Link to video: http://www.gwent.police.uk/leadnews.php?a=2172
8) A Safe Way to Drive and Text? One Man Hopes So
Link to column in The Washington Post:
9) Is Mini’s Roadside Assistance App the Future of Telematics?
Link to column in Edmunds Daily:
10) Seattle Light Rail’s Passenger Counting System Not Working
Link to article in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer:
Public Private Ventures in Transportation Conference – September 24-25 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1974 **35th anniversary** - Aviator Charles Lindbergh died in Maui, Hawaii.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast email@example.com.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast